Our Meals

 

Our centre will meet 60% of daily nutritional needs while children are in our care, the remaining 40% should be met at home. Our centre is committed to promoting good dental habits and minimising risk of dental decay from food and drink provided at the centre. Water is offered after each meal for children to swish and swallow.

 

All Meals at the centre are provided for your child by us (except formula). The menu has been developed by our team in the kitchen along with a trained nutritionist with experience in planning food for children to ensure your child is receiving a well-balanced and nutritional diet. Our menu is displayed in the foyer and we welcome any input from you. We wish to promote healthy eating among the children and will encourage children to try new things, challenging and expanding what they know about food by engaging in discussions with peers and staff during meal times. The children in our Owlet room are offered the same menu as the rest of the centre, plus a variety of fruit and vegetable purees.

 

You are welcome to bring food and/or drink for celebrations for your child to share with their peers. However it is important that we are a nut, spice and capsicum free zone. Additionally, as other children may have allergies or intolerances we ask that you provide a list of ingredients that will be used prior to the occasion.

 

We work along side 'Munch and Move'. The Munch & Move program aims to promote and encourage children's healthy eating and physical activity and reduce small screen recreation. Through Munch & Move NSW early childhood educators have the opportunity to attend a full day training program that assists them to implement a fun, play-based approach to supporting healthy eating and physical activity habits in young children. The Munch & Move training program fits within the new National Quality Framework and the Early Years Learning Framework. The program is a NSW Health initiative with support from the NSW Department of Human Services (Community Services) and the Local Health Districts.

 

 

 

 

 

Fresh herbs grown at the centre
Fresh herbs grown at the centre

press to zoom
Local Spring onions
Local Spring onions

press to zoom
Ploughman's lunch
Ploughman's lunch

press to zoom
Fresh herbs grown at the centre
Fresh herbs grown at the centre

press to zoom
1/5

At Jack and Jill we support local businesses, we get our meat for the centre from Eric's Tender Meats.